Blogging about things that I love, make me happy, inspire me...and all while shamelessly plugging my photos and handmade goods!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Avant-Garde

Good afternoon everyone!
I'm in quite a wonderful mood!
I spent this morning watching Coco Before Chanel and was completely inspired! Not because of the wonderful and GORGEOUS clothing, but because of Chanel, the woman herself. The movie, after all, is about Coco before, and how she came to be "Chanel", the famous name.
It made me think about all the women out there that have inspired me in their own ways.

Coco Chanel (of course)
The woman who changed fashion, just by being herself. Growing up in an orphanage, not having a dime to her name in a time when your wealthy status decided your future, refusing to marry for anything but love, and losing the love of your life too soon. She stayed true to who she was, stood by her convictions and changed the world by staying simple, honest, and real.
I find it funny when I see a lot of these celebrity women wearing Chanel like it was Juicy Couture. I think to myself, these women do not have enough class to don a Chanel outfit! It's almost an insult to the clothing!

Audrey Hepburn

There really isn't anyone in the world that I adore more than Audrey Hepburn, other than my mum. :)
She was the epitome of perfection. Kind, giving, caring, lovely, talented, beautiful, as well as classic and chic. 
She was everything. Not a single negative remark was ever quoted against Audrey. She was literally loved by all and she very well deserved it. Not a scandal, tantrum or gossip was written about her. She was simply and completely fabulous!

Louise Brooks

Goodness, this woman was a rebel! She was a vamp...fiesty, fierce and strong. 
I remember seeing Diary of a Lost Girl and Pandora's Box for the first time and literally tripping over myself over how amazing she was!  She was GORGEOUS! Her acting was fantastic, every facial expression, every dance and movement she made. The smirk on her face when she was being cheeky or manipulative to a man on screen. It was fabulous! She knew just how to give it. In real life, she was just as fierce. She never gave in to the Hollywood celebrity life and even choose to abandon her career. She was even shunned from Hollywood after leaving and refusing to re-shoot her movie scenes when the talkies came in.
She stayed true to herself, never giving in to anyone or anything. The woman was a force to be reckoned with.

I think we have a little Coco, Audrey and Lulu in us all! ;)
I can think of so many more, but this post will never end. I must get back to work
I wish you a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your etsy shop - you have some cute items!
    Love from
    Aimee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you, Audrey Hepburn is such an icon of elegance and grace! That picture of her you put in your post is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete