Blogging about things that I love, make me happy, inspire me...and all while shamelessly plugging my photos and handmade goods!

Friday, March 26, 2010

My (Big Fat) Greek Adventure

2009 Wasn't very kind to me. It was a rough year, as far as relationships and money go. I was at a dead end job, my relationship was ending and I was suffering from depression.
Then one day, I received a check in the mail with a small inheritance from a distant aunt whom I never even knew I had.
It was such a blessing! I used the money to pay off my car, then I quit my horrible job and took off to Greece for a few weeks. It was incredibly liberating! I had traveled before but not on my own and it had been a dream of mine to visit Greece and see the gorgeous islands, the temples of the gods and home of the Olympics. I was always a Greek Mythology nerd growing up, so this added to my desire to visit.
The country was beautiful. The food was delicious. The people were kind. It was a photographers (or an amateur, like moi!) perfect dream!!

Here are a few photos I took from my trip...




*you can see more of my photos on my flickr site*

2 comments:

  1. Oh my how gorgeous! I have to go there one day...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm new to following your blog. These photos are amazing! So bright and colorful, I almost feel like I've been there. Great work on your blog, really inspiring! Cheers, Tom

    ReplyDelete