Blogging about things that I love, make me happy, inspire me...and all while shamelessly plugging my photos and handmade goods!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

"One day you wake up and you realize that your life should be...different."

I have so much going on, good things, and it's very exciting.
There are two things that I'm quite excited about that I would love to share...

First, the Eat Pray Love trailer has just been released. If you haven't read the book, it's about a woman who one day realizes that her life isn't what she really wants. She literally drops everything and spends a year in a search for a new life in Italy, India and Indonesia.
The book spoke to me in the most amazing ways and hit very close to home. After I finished it, I bought copies to give to the women in my family! When I heard they were making a movie, I wasn't so sure what to think about it. Some of my most favorite books have been butchered by Hollywood, but after seeing the trailer, I'm definitely looking forward to it. If you plan to see the movie, PLEASE read the book first. It's an amazing read!!






Also, the Playboy Jazz Festival is coming up and it always promises a great time. I missed last years, Esperanza Spalding and Sharon Jones and the Dapp Kings performed on the same night. I was crushed.
But I just found out Esperanza Spalding will be attending again this year and I can finally see her live!
If you're not familiar with Esperanza Spalding, she is a young bassist from Portland, Oregon. The girl is a total prodigy and has so much soul for someone so young. Her music is a fusion of jazz, blues, funk, hip-hop, Brazilian and Afro-Cuban.

I cannot recommend her enough!

                                                                      Follow my blog with bloglovin                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment